TOP places to visit and shoot in Manchester!
Manchester Trip Guide( Instagram Places, Things To Do/See, Museums & Galleries and Popular Food Spots)
- Graffiti Places – ???? Northern Quarter
???? There is so much amazing street art in Manchester! The one on the left is in the Northern Quarter and is one of the many that are located in that area. I didn’t visit all of them. But if you are interested, Blocal Travel wrote a complete graffiti guide here.
2. MIF Festival – ???? Town Hall Extension, Albert Square, Manchester M60 2LA
???? There was a super cool festival while I visited Manchester! It was from the 4th -21st of July 2019, and they organize this every 2 years. There are lots of performances and activities. Furthermore, there are amazing food stents all around the festival. Ooh yes, and this gorgeous flower wall 😉 The festival was created in Manchester and is now in 30 other countries.
3. Manchester Town Hall – ???? Town Hall Extension, Albert Square, Manchester M60 2LA
???? The MIF festival is held at the Albert square in front of the Town Hall. But, the town hall itself is gorgeous for pictures too. The style of the building is Victorian, Neo-gothic from 1877. So definitely worth a visit even when there is no festival taking place.
4. Manchester Cathedral – ???? Victoria St, Manchester M3 1SX
???? There is a cathedral with amazing architecture located at Victoria street. You can have a look inside for free as well.
5. Chetham’s Library – ???? Long Millgate, Manchester M3 1SB
???? This library is seriously so interesting. The books here are so old and there is so much history. The design from the building itself is very impressive as well.
6. Cloud 23(Hilton) – ???? Beetham Tower, 303 Deansgate, Manchester M3 4LQ
???? If you go to Manchester, Cloud 23 is a MUST! This is the most popular(and only lol) destination cocktail bar around Manchester. It has stunning views over the city. The cocktails are really advanced and trendy. Furthermore, the place itself has a very modern and expensive interior. I would definitely recommend to dress up. Ooh, and try to reserve a spot at the window on time 😉
7. The Refuge Manchester – ???? Oxford St, Manchester M60 7HA
???? If you want a place to take pictures and have some food, this is it! I think the garden vibes and further interior of this place are definitely Instagram worthy.
8. John Rylands Library – ???? 150 Deansgate, Manchester M3 3EH
???? HARRY POTTER FANS: Yass, you should go here. This place could be from a scene from Harry Potter. This is perfect if want to experience extraordinary architecture, ancient books and just an amazing atmosphere. Also, it looks really good on the gram.
9. King Street Townhouse Hotel – ???? 10 Booth St, Manchester M2 4AW
???? Sadly(crying from inside) I didn’t swim in this pool myself. But if you have the time (and $) it would be so cool to swim in this pool with a gorgeous view over the town hall. So I couldn’t exclude this gem from my post.
10. Albert’s Schloss – ???? 27 Peter St, Manchester M2 5QR
???? Talking about flower walls, this might be one of the only ones in Manchester that is up all year round. The Wisteria (fake) really brightens up your feed. It is furthermore also a really good place to have a drink.
11. The Old Wellington – ???? 4 Cathedral Gates, Manchester M3 1SW
???? The Old Wellington has an amazing exterior design, a real English Pub mood. The cute flowers on the side make it totally work for a good picture.
???? AC Hotel by Marriott Manchester City Centre
???? 15 Mason St, Manchester M4 5FT
I stayed in this hotel because it has a very central location. Furthermore, the rooms had a nice view of the city and were very modern.
Things To Do / See
- Barton Arcade for Shopping
- Royal Exchange Theatre
- University of Manchester
- Heaton Park
- Hard Rock Cafe
Museums & Galleries
- Platt Hall: Gallery of Costume
- People’s History Museum
- Manchester Art Gallery
- National Football Museum
- Museum of Science and Industry
Popular Food Spots
- Mackie Mayor Food Market
- Evelyn’s Cafe Bar
- Koffee Pot
- Home Sweet Home
- Use Uber Taxi’s
- Reserve for Cloud 23 (and dress up)
- Bring an umbrella
- Bring your student card(if you are) to get discounts at musea
- Check when MIF is happening
- Wear a Manchester United top
- Wait for the green light. Manchester is quite so just carefully cross the street 😉
- Go clubbing in jeans